Glioblastoma pipeline analysis | Clinical trial report
Los Angeles, United States, December 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Glioblastoma pipeline analysis | 2021 Clinical Trials Report | SearchInsight
There are around 150+ key companies developing therapies for glioblastoma. The companies with the most advanced glioblastoma drug candidates are Kintara Therapeutics, Diffusion Pharmaceuticals, Celgene Corporation, Bio-Thera Solutions.
“DelveInsight”Overview of the glioblastoma pipeline”Report provides comprehensive information on 150+ companies and 150+ pipeline drugs in glioblastoma pipeline landscapes. It includes the drug profiles of the glioblastoma pipeline, including both clinical and non-clinical stage products. It also includes the therapeutic evaluation of glioblastoma by product type, stage, route of administration and molecule type and highlights inactive glioblastoma pipeline products.
Some of the main takeaways from the Glioblastoma Pipeline Report
- Large companies such as Celgene Corporation, Myeloid Therapeutics, Genenta Science, Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Apogenix, Oncoceutics, Laminar Pharmaceuticals, Celgene Corporation, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Kintara Therapeutics, Kazia Therapeutics, Oncotelic Therapeutics, AstraZeneca, GenenPharm, Biurroscimson, Pfizer, Coiroscoir and others are developing potential drug candidates to improve the treatment scenario for glioblastoma.
- The FDA gave ONC201 Expedited designation for treating recurrent high-grade mutant H3 K27M glioma in adults, the rare pediatric disease designation for the treatment of H3 K27M mutant glioma and the orphan drug designations for the treatment of glioblastoma and the treatment of malignant glioma.
- In December 2021, Sapience Therapeutics announced that the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had granted Expedited designation in its ST101 student main program to treat recurrent glioblastoma (GBM).
- In December 2021, Kazia Therapeutics announcement positive final data of Phase II First-line clinical study of paxalisib in patients with glioblastoma (NCT03522298). The results confirm the safety and efficacy profile previously reported with paxalisib in this disease with high unmet needs.
Get an overview of the pipeline landscape @ Analysis of clinical trials in glioblastoma
Glioblastoma, also known as glioblastoma multiforme, is a fast-growing glioma that develops from star-shaped glial cells (astrocytes) that support healthy nerve cells in the brain.
Emerging drugs for glioblastoma
ONC201 is an orally administered small molecule dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) antagonist and caseinolytic protease (ClpP) agonist. ONC201 is currently in a registration clinical trial for recurrent mutant H3 K27M glioma, and a confirmatory response rate assessment is expected in 2021.
- VAL-083: Kintara Therapeutics
VAL-083 is a first class bifunctional small molecule alkylating agent that can cross the blood brain barrier. The drug is indicated for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia and lung cancer and in phase III clinical studies for the treatment of glioblastoma.
- Paxalisib: Kazia Therapeutics
Paxalisib (originally GDC-0084) was invented by Genentech, Inc (South San Francisco, CA), the world’s most successful developer of new cancer drugs. Kazia entered into an exclusive worldwide licensing agreement with Genentech in October 2016. It acts as an inhibitor of 1 Phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase, MTOR protein and proto-oncogene protein c-akt. It is currently in phase II / III development for the treatment of glioblastoma.
VBI-1901 is a bivalent eVLP cancer vaccine immunotherapeutic candidate that uses CMV as a foreign viral antigen approach for cancer treatment by expressing two highly immunogenic CMV antigens – gB and pp65. It is currently in phase I / II development for the treatment of glioblastoma.
VRN-01 is a first inhibitor of the LRRK2 (Leucine-Rich Repeat Kinase 2) class targeting glioblastoma. It is currently in phase I of development. VRN-01 showed good tolerance and drug properties in a phase I trial in Korea.
For more information, refer to the detailed report @ Glioblastoma Pipeline Therapeutics
Scope Glioblastoma pipeline drug overview
- Blanket: Global
- Major players: over 150 key players
- Leading players: Celgene Corporation, Myeloid Therapeutics, Genenta Science, Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Apogenix, Oncoceutics, Laminar Pharmaceuticals, Celgene Corporation, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Kintara Therapeutics, Kazia Therapeutics, Oncotelic Therapeutics, AstraZeneca, Genentechizer, Crimatson BioPharm, Hope Biosciences, and many more.
- Key drug profiles: over 150 products
- Steps :
Advanced stage glioblastoma therapy (Phase III)
Mid-stage glioblastoma therapies (Phase II)
Early stage glioblastoma therapies (phase I)
Candidates at the preclinical stage and discovery of glioblastoma
Abandoned and inactive candidates
Clp endopeptidase stimulants
Apoptosis-inducing ligand receptor agonists linked to TNF
BRD4 protein inhibitors
· Cell cycle inhibitors; DNA damage stimulants
· 1 phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase inhibitors; MTOR protein inhibitors; Proto-oncogene c-akt inhibitors
· Genetical therapy
Mono / Combination
Key questions about the current Glioblastoma Treatment Landscape and emerging therapies addressed in the pipeline report
- What are the current options for the treatment of glioblastoma?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of glioblastoma?
- How many emerging therapies for glioblastoma in the early, middle and late stages of development to treat glioblastoma?
- What are the key collaborations (industry-industry, industry-university), mergers & acquisitions, and significant licensing activities that will impact the Glioblastoma market?
- What are dormant and abandoned products and the reasons for them?
- What is the unmet need for current therapies for the treatment of glioblastoma?
- What are the new therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies currently being developed to overcome the limitations of existing therapies for glioblastoma?
- What are the critical designations that have been given to emerging therapies for glioblastoma?
- How many patents are granted and pending for emerging therapies to treat glioblastoma?
|1||Presentation of the glioblastoma report|
|2||Executive summary on glioblastoma|
|3||Overview of glioblastoma|
|4||Glioblastoma Pipeline Therapeutics|
|5||Therapeutic evaluation of glioblastoma|
|6||Advanced glioblastoma products (phase III)|
|seven||Intermediate stage glioblastoma products (phase II)|
|8||Early stage glioblastoma products (phase I)|
|9||Glioblastoma preclinical and discovery stage products|
|ten||Inactive products for glioblastoma|
|11||Key glioblastoma companies|
|12||Key Glioblastoma Products|
|13||Collaboration assessment – Licenses / Partnership / Funding|
|14||Unmet needs of glioblastoma|
|15||Drivers and Obstacles in the Glioblastoma Market|
Get a Custom Pipeline Report @ Glioblastoma Drug Pipeline Report
The major companies working in the elastomeric pump market are B. Braun Medical Inc., Baxter International Inc., Daiken Medical Co., Ltd., Nipro Corporation, Halyard Health, Inc., Palex Medical SA and others.
Leading companies working in the liquid biopsy pipeline for cancer diagnostics are Guardant Health, Roche, Neo Genomics, Qiagen, ArcherDX, Bio-Techne, and others.
DelveInsight’s Heart Insufficiency Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast – 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and an in-depth understanding of the historical and predicted epidemiology.
DelveInsight’s Stargardt Disease Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast – 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and an in-depth understanding of the historical and predicted epidemiology.
“Medical Device for Hereditary Deafness from DelveInsight – Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast, 2026‘ The report offers an in-depth understanding of Hereditary Deafness Medical Devices and historical and forecasted trends in the Hereditary Deafness Medical Devices market, on a global scale, which includes North America, Europe, APAC and the rest of the world.
Browse blog posts
DelveInsight is a leading business consultant and market research firm focused exclusively on the life sciences. It supports pharmaceutical companies by providing them with complete end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. It also provides Health counseling services including credible market analysis that will help accelerate business growth and overcome challenges with a hands-on approach.