Global Biochips Market Analysis Report 2022-2026
DUBLIN, October 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Biochips – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global biochip market to reach $25.4 billion by 2026
Amid COVID-19 crisis, Global Biochips Market Estimated at US$15.9 billion in 2022, is expected to reach a revised size of US$25.4 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 11.7% over the analysis period.
The biochip represents a solid substrate on which miniaturized test sites or microarrays are arranged. Microarray technology is a testing platform where multiple experiments are performed at the same time to achieve fast results and high throughput. Biochips (for example, labs on a chip) thus serve as a mini-laboratory where several analytes of the same sample are tested simultaneously.
Microarray, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.6% to reach US$9.7 billion at the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the Lab-On-a-chip segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 12.3% for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 30.6% share of the global biochip market.
The US market is estimated at $6.3 billion in 2022, when China is expected to reach $2.4 billion by 2026
The biochip market in the United States is estimated at US$6.3 billion in 2022. The country currently accounts for a 40.07% share of the global market. Chinaworld’s second largest economy, is expected to reach an estimated market size of US$2.4 billion in 2026 with a CAGR of 13.9% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each predicting growth of 9.9% and 10.5% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow around 11.7% CAGR while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$2.8 billion at the end of the analysis period.
One of the major drivers for the growth of the biochip market globally is the increasing prevalence of chronic disorders, especially among the rapidly increasing elderly population in countries around the world. The increase in cancer incidence has also increased the use of biochips for the early identification of cancer cells.
Biochips are increasingly used in the development of personalized and targeted drugs for the treatment of various cancers. Growing consumer interest in maintaining a healthy lifestyle has also led to a growth in the demand for crisps. The COVID-19 pandemic has also led many pharmaceutical and biotech companies to focus more on creating more advanced biochips capable of detecting the coronavirus.
Biochips have been used successfully by several companies to develop COVID-19 diagnostic tests. These lab tests perform better than traditional options due to their ability to provide faster results and allow users to process multiple samples simultaneously.
Increasing advances in microfluidic technology have also led over the years to the development of biochips designed for many laboratory procedures. There are now also digital microfluidic biochips. Another significant factor driving the growth of the market is growing consumer interest in less invasive surgeries. Increasing nanotechnology upgrades are also driving the growth of the market.
Segment of protein chips to reach $5.5 billion by 2026
The protein chip or protein chip represents a high-throughput technique for studying the function of proteins and monitoring their level of expression. They are used as a popular technology for basic R&D. Protein arrays involve proteins on glass membranes, microtiter wells, plates and mass spectrometer beads, to which probes labeled with fluorescent dyes are added.
The fluorescent signal emitted by the probe-protein reaction can be read via a laser scanner and qualifies and quantifies the protein. Technological advancements in diagnostics, increasing prevalence of cancer, and increasing demand for personalized medicine are all driving the protein chip market.
In the global protein chip segment, UNITED STATES, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the CAGR of 12.6% estimated for this segment. These regional markets representing a combined market size of US$2.2 billion will reach a projected size of US$5.1 billion at the end of the analysis period. China will remain among the most dynamic in this group of regional markets.
Led by countries such as Australia, Indiaand South Koreathe market of Asia Pacific should reach US$516.1 million Billions by 2026.
What’s new for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and percentage market shares of main competitors
- Market presence in multiple geographies – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Peer-to-peer collaborative online interactive updates
- Access to digital archives
- Free updates for one year
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Overview of the influencer market
- Global Market Trajectories
- Performance of the biotech sector amid the pandemic
- Biochip companies prepare for the COVID-19 challenge
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Gamers Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- Biochips: an introduction
- Manufacturing systems used in biochip fabrication
- Historical perspective
- Classification of biochips
- Application Markets
- Market Outlook
- Set of protein biochips for expansion
- Recent advances in technology are driving wider adoption of biochips
- Biotech Startup Pose Competition
- Recent market activity
- Global brands
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 69 Featured)
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- CapitalBio Technology Inc.
- Cepheid Inc.
- Fluidigm Company
- Hoffman-La-Roche Ltd.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Ocimum Biosolutions Ltd.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Takara Bio Inc.
- Takara Organic UNITED STATESInc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Biochips seek growing role in POC testing
- Microarrays to help next-generation sequencing reach new heights and solve daunting biological problems
- Research forays into Organ-On-A-Chip (OOC)
- OCC startups enter the fray
- Select Organ-On-A-Chip start-ups and their specialties
- Biochip implants should make big gains
- Biochips help alleviate problems associated with immunological studies
- Challenges for widespread adoption
- Drug discovery applications to drive the market
- Growing preference for DNA/protein microarrays in personalized medicine
- Microphysiological systems to take personalized medicine much further
- Biochip Array Technology Enables Reliable and Accurate Investigation of Metabolic Syndrome
- Proteomics and genomics generate opportunities for biochips
- Increasing the application of genomics and proteomics in cancer diagnosis and treatment to stimulate growth
- Potential Application of Biochips in Diagnosis and Management of Diabetes Opens New Growth Opportunities
- Global prevalence of diabetes (2000-2019)
- Increase in infectious diseases and need for high-throughput diagnostics drive interest in biochips
- Global number of deaths from communicable diseases (thousands)
- Agricultural sector: vertical niche
- Development of protein chips for the field of diagnostics: main challenges
- The biochip industry thrives on innovation
- UCI researchers develop machine learning-assisted biochip
- New biochip combines nanoparticle printing and AI for tumor analysis
- Axbio presents Smartbiochip
- Multidimensional printing technology enables the development of a new biochip printing technique
- MIT is developing a neuromorphic chip that can mimic the human brain
- AYOXXA biochips: a giant leap in protein multiplexing
- Biochip Innovations in Drug Discovery Applications
- Industry Challenges
- Standardization: a key challenge
- High costs are holding back growth
- Accurate protein detection: a challenge
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6vnd1v
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets