Growing preference for the minimally invasive form of cancer diagnosis
DUBLIN, December 24, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Biomarker (Exosomes, CTC) Liquid Biopsy Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Technology (NGS, PCR Microarrays), by Sample Type, by region (APAC, North America) and the Segment Forecasts report, 2021-2028 “has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global liquid biopsy market size is expected to reach $ 19.35 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 13.5% during the forecast period. It is a revolutionary technique that has created various hitherto unexplored opportunities.
It aids in the detection and isolation of circulating tumor DNA, exosomes and circulating tumor cells and is a source of proteomic and genomic information in cancer patients.
The rapid development of digital polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technology and NGS has improved the accuracy of liquid biopsy. It can be done repeatedly for disease surveillance and should help overcome the limitations of tissue biopsies.
With liquid biopsies being the most promising new techniques for the treatment of cancer, established and emerging companies have stepped up their R&D to develop new liquid biopsy solutions.
Highlights of the Liquid Biopsy Market Report
- The multigene parallel analysis (NGS) technology segment held the largest share of the global market revenue in 2020.
- This can be attributed to the rapid improvements in NGS technology. With this technology, liquid biopsies are expected to gain significant importance in cancer studies and research.
- Based on sample type, testing based on blood samples dominated the market in 2020.
- Blood samples can easily be taken at a more frequent interval, thus increasing the rate of adoption.
- Circulating nucleic acids are the most commonly used biomarker for liquid biopsy testing.
- Factors, such as the ever-changing pipeline of ctDNA-based liquid biopsy assays, an increasing number of commercialized products, and the potential of cRNA to determine molecular profile have contributed to the dominance of this segment.
- North America is expected to be the largest revenue-generating region by 2028 due to a high incidence of cancer, rapid technological advancements and the presence of key players in the region.
- The major players are focused on expanding business through product launches, mergers and acquisitions, deals, partnerships and other growth strategies.
- For example, in June 2021, Biocept, Inc. has worked with Quest Diagnostics to provide advanced NGS-based liquid biopsy tests for lung cancer patients.
Key topics covered
- Market segmentation and scope
- Mapping the penetration and growth outlook for the biomarker, 2020 (USD million)
- COVID-19 impact assessment
- Liquid biopsy pipeline analysis
- Liquid Biopsy Price Analysis
- Liquid biopsy procedure analysis
- Business environment analysis
- SWOT analysis ; By factor (political and legal, economic and technological)
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Market Driver Analysis
- Technological advances in cancer diagnosis to reduce complications associated with conventional means of cancer detection
- Growing preference for the minimally invasive form of cancer diagnosis
- Increased number of ongoing trials for liquid biopsy test and test development
- Analysis of market constraints
- Low abundance and fragility of circulating tumor cells
- Availability of other genomic tests for cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Analysis of market agreements and strategic alliances
Technology business analysis
Type of business analysis sample
Commercial analysis of biomarkers
Regional business analysis
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- BIOCEPT, inc.
- Guardant Santé, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltée.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Angle plc
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIQUE, INC.
- LUCENCE HEALTH INC.
- FREENOME HOLDINGS, INC.
- EPIGENOMICS SA
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lt8c1j
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets