Shields MRI Framingham honored as Center of Excellence in Diagnostics by American College of Radiology – Framingham SOURCE
FRAMINGHAM – Shields Health Care Group announced today that its MRI facility in Framingham has been recognized as a Center of Excellence in Diagnostic Imaging® (DICOE) by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
It is the first Shields MRI center to achieve this prestigious designation and one of the few outpatient diagnostic imaging centers in New England to achieve this prestigious designation.
The DICOE program, which represents the pinnacle of medical imaging care, is an achievement that goes beyond accreditation to recognize best practices in imaging and diagnostic care. This includes a comprehensive assessment of the entire medical imaging business, including structure and results.
The Center of Excellence in Diagnostic Imaging® (DICOE) designation recognizes excellence at many levels, including professional staff, technology and the policies and procedures followed by the organization, as well as superior patient care.
In order to receive this elite distinction, establishments must be accredited by the ACR in all the modalities they offer and in which the ACR offers an accreditation program. Another requirement is participation in the Dose Index Registry® and General Radiology Improvement Database, as well as Image Wisely® and Image Gently®. Shields MRI Framingham underwent a full inspection by a national team, citing the shields as “truly deserving of this seal” early in the process.
As a DICOE facility, Shields MRI Framingham:
- Provides patients with the utmost confidence to receive today’s highest levels of imaging quality, safety and care;
- Offers excellence at many levels – professional staff, technology, policies and procedures;
- Obtained accreditation from the American College of Radiology in all imaging modalities we offer;
- Has exceeded standard accreditation requirements for the American College of Radiology Center of Excellence in Diagnostic Imaging designation;
- Has an ongoing self-assessment (and improvement) process, including participation in the ACR Dose Index® registry and general radiology improvement database.
“Shields takes great pride in providing the highest quality diagnostic services while fostering a positive patient experience. This distinction from the ACR is therefore a goal that we are delighted to achieve, ”said Peter Ferrari, President of Shields Health Care Group. “Our Framingham team, Shields clinical advisors and our Quality and Safety Committee which led this initiative, have devoted months of hard work to providing care to our patients, demonstrating our commitment to quality. We look forward to continuing this honor throughout our network over the next several years. “
Shields MRI Framingham is located at 14 Cochituate Road in Framingham.
In full transparency, the press release and photos have been submitted to SOURCE media for publication.