US Imaging Services Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report by Modality, End-Use and Segment Forecast, 2022
Report analyzing US Imaging Services Market Size, Share & Trends by Modality (X-Ray, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine Scans, Ultrasound, MRI), By End Use (Hospitals, Centers diagnostic imaging) and segment forecast, 2022-2030.
New York, Sept. 13, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report “US Imaging Services Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Modality, By End-use And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030” – https ://www.reportlinker.com/p06151343/?utm_source=GNW
United States Imaging Services Market Growth and Trends
The US imaging services market size is expected to reach USD 203.3 billion by 2030. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.2% from 2022 to 2030. The increasing prevalence of cancer and heart disorders, among others conditions, should stimulate growth. Imaging services involve different imaging modalities, such as X-rays, mammography, CT scans, nuclear medicine exams, MRI exams, and ultrasound. Each modality includes its associated benefits of accurately diagnosing a wide range of health conditions.
The adoption of imaging services in the United States is steadily increasing to improve early diagnosis of the disease, which, in turn, improves its treatment options. Additionally, increasing adoption of non-invasive and cost-effective procedures is expected to aid in the growth of the market. Medical imaging services consume less time than other invasive procedures and thus help reduce hospital stay and associated costs. Various technologies are being developed to improve medical imaging devices by improving the quality of the image they capture. These fine and sharp images help to diagnose the disease at an early stage, thus improving the results of its treatment.
The number of outpatient facilities in the United States is rapidly increasing, and the installation of advanced imaging devices in these facilities is increasing. According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), in 2021, 17.9 MRI units per 1,000,000 population were installed in hospitals. Additionally, the growing number of CT scans in the United States is expected to propel the overall market growth. According to Statista, in 2019, 279 CT scans per 1,000 people were performed in the United States. In addition, the low cost of CT scans compared to MRI should promote its adoption.
Key challenges in this market include the high cost of certain modalities, such as MRI, and the side effects associated with each imaging modality.
However, the average cost of the procedure in the United States is USD 1,430, which is high compared to other imaging modalities, which hampers the overall market growth.
US Imaging Services Market Report Highlights
• Based on modality, X-rays held the largest share in 2021, primarily due to the growing adoption of non-invasive diagnostic procedures at affordable cost
• Nuclear medicine scans are expected to experience significant growth over the forecast period as the radiation dose used in the procedure is low which, in turn, reduces the risk of infection
• MRI scans are expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period as it contributes to better tissue differentiation compared to other modalities, such as CT and X-rays
• By end use, hospitals held the largest share of the US market due to the increasing prevalence of heart disease and cancer and the installation of advanced imaging modalities in hospitals
• Diagnostic Imaging Centers are expected to experience the fastest growth due to the growing preference of the patient pool for these centers to reduce hospital costs and long wait times
• The segment of others, which includes outpatient facilities developed by hospitals, is also expected to grow at a significant rate as these facilities provide few imaging services, such as MRI and CT scans, at low cost compared to to other establishments
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06151343/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: [email protected] US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001